Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Window Shopping and Outfit for the Day

Every so often I like to go window shop at the high-end departmental stores i.e. Saks, Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus to check out the latest and sale items they have in store. I haven't been to the high-end stores since my birthday at the end of May, so I decided to hit them up today as I was curious to check out the new Fall/Winter collection items. Specifically, I wanted to check out the new Marc Jacobs scarves and bags and of course Chanel is a must! Heh. However, the Marc Jacobs scarves weren't in store yet and there weren't many bags from the new collection on display either. I did however, checked out the gold and bronze reissue colors for Chanel's Fall Act I.

Here's what I wore for my window shopping trip...



Top: H&M
Blazer: ZARA

Shorts: The Limited
(from TJ Maxx)
Shoes: Banana Republic (Ebay find!)
Bag: Marc Jacobs Christy in Bordeaux as posted here
Necklace: Forever 21 and white gold necklace with star pendant

Bracelet: Glass beaded necklace as posted here

Brooch: Chanel as posted here
Watch: Swatch


As you can tell, my black ballet flats are a staple and I consider it to be my signature style. While shoe browsing at Bloomingdales, a lovely sales assistant asked if my shoe size was 8.5/9 to which I responded "Yes!" He told me they received a pair of Chanel flats as a return and if I wanted to try it on. Without much hesitation, I said "Yes, pls!" I mean, Chanel is my weakness! The pair of capped two tone ballet flats was lovely and very classic but a tad too small. Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't be purchasing it coz the price is just Chanel, you know?


Chanel Two Tone Ballet Flats (pic nicked from Ebay seller authentic.lv)

I also tried on the new Ferragamo bow ballet flats which was lovely but the leather was rather stiff. I think I like the Varinas a bit better coz they fit snugly and I didn't want to take them off the last time I tried it!


Ferragamo Bow Ballet Flats (left) Ferragamo Varina Ballet Flats (right)

As I browse around, some of the Sam Edelman shoes captured my eyes. I didn't try them but I like these two pairs and would probably check them out come sale time!

2 comments:

  1. love the whole look.
    would steal yr blazer and brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super well put together!!! love the ballet flats (and the jewelry, and the blazer.....) Chanel flats are my dream too :)

    ReplyDelete