Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Shopping haul from London

Since I had to transit in London on my way back from Uganda, I decided to make a short trip out of it. I stayed for 6 days in London and some of the goodies I found include a skirt and scarf from Retro Clothing in Notting Hill, a vintage clothing store. That aside, I found a Red Ribbon pin which I have been wanting to buy (but was too stingy to pay postage for) in a charity shop, Trinity in Notting Hill as well. Additionally, I bought a peacock top from H&M and two boatneck long sleeve tops from ZARA and a crewneck short sleeve top (but I'm not posting any pics because they're just basics!)

I had initially planned on picking up my first Chanel bag (I mean wallet!), from this trip since the pound is still relatively weak but unfortunately they have long sold out on the item that I wanted to purchase so I bought the logo pearl pin instead which I posted earlier.

My loot from London...


H&M peacock top £ 8

Close up of the peacock

White beaded skirt £ 10

Close up of the beads

Another close up shot of the details

Scarf £ 5

Close up of the colors and texture of the scarf

Red ribbon AIDS awareness pin

I have been wanting to purchase a red ribbon pin since I first saw one of my professors with one decked on his blazer. He wears it on his jacket/blazer/coat every day and I soon realized that I had to have one! Well, its only fitting since I am passionate about HIV/AIDS and as a public health professional who has a passion for fashion as well, what more than to make a fashionable statement? I have been wearing the pin on the lapel of my denim jacket as part of my outfit for the past couple of days. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment