Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Marc Jacobs Collection Spring/Summer 2010

"If last season was a trip back in time to the eighties," Marc Jacobs continued, "this was a trip to the theater, the ballet, the opera."

Check out the backstage beauty makeover as defined by François Nars on the look for the runway show:



“Life is a cabaret, all the world’s a stage — and everything is beautiful at the ballet!” said Marc Jacobs, backstage.

Check out the runway video:



Some of the looks which caught my attention:











pics are all taken off style.com

I love the cut, the fabric, the texture, the colors of this collection! Yes, granted some of the looks/pieces that he sent down the runway were rather 'out there' but that's Marc Jacobs for you. He always likes to have some 'shock' factor in his shows. I think the chiffon, the ruffles, the frills, the sportswear jackets are perfection. Oh, the thing that I dig the most? No heels! Yes, the geisha influence for clogs were executed in flats and kitten heels. I know plenty of ladies/fashionistas are lamenting over this, but I think its pure ingenuity. To me, Marc has once again proved that he's ahead of the pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment