Friday, September 11, 2009

Evolution in Undergarment

It's the first day of NY Fashion Week and I should be writing something about it but this evolution in undergarment caught my attention and I just HAVE to blog about it!


Evolution of undergarment

Lingerie first stated off as loin cloths before the overdosed material was turned into drawers. Over the decades, drawers were shortened to evolve into boxer-briefs until the standard bikini form became the "norm." Although the g-string was worn by exotic dancers for years, it wasn't until in the 1980s that it was popularized in Brazil, as women decided that visible panty lines were tacky. Now however, there seems to be even less to that, the c-string which was first introduced in 2007 has now hit the shores of Malaysia, my motherland.


C-string

The c-string is a wired, but strapless thong that has a flexible internal frame that hugs and holds it to the body, providing secured and comfortable coverage sans the panty straps. Below is a shot on how the c-string looks being worn; they just look so happy about the freedom c-strings give them!


Trio of happy ladies wearing the c-string

Now, if you're wondering why on earth you'd ever need a strapless thong, here are the c-string's advantages: it eliminates all traces of panty-lines, tan-lines and those love-handles that bulge with regular g-string straps. They're also great if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to give someone the illusion of yourself being naked. And best of all, because it conforms to your curves, c-strings apparently don't feel like ass floss! If anything, you'd forget you had them on in the first place!

*source of the article and pics taken from Tongue in Chic*

For me, I have to say I'm curious to try it if I was given a free pair but I doubt I would shell out money for a pair. So, what do you think? Yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment