Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Look of The Day - Trish At KLPAC

A trip to KLPAC equals a chance to play dress up!

After a few weeks of social hybernation - let's blame it on work - I took some time off to catch Short and Sweet at KLPAC (Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre) last Saturday. I wanted to wear something simple (yeah right!) but a little artsy, seeing that it was an arts event.

Artsy does not necesarrily translates to 'trendy', although certain trends may be inspired from the arts scene. Generally, I like to think of myself as a fan of artsy-folksy fashion. I am DARN SURE I am not using the correct term and snooty fashionistas might just shoot me now haha but basically, my wardrobe is inspired by Cat Power, Alannah Hill, rolling hills, vintage cool and moments when I sit down and count clouds. I have tons of tea dresses, I love gingham and polka dots and stripes and my idea of a good Sunday is one where I could curl up in the sunshine with a good book and cupcakes.

Anyway, I digress.

I picked this folksy, extra-puffed sleeves tunic for the show on Saturday. The prints are folksy enough to send our moms back to the hot, hot 70s. Everytime I put on this tunic, someone would definitely say, "Oh you look so vintage!"
I take it as a compliment. Haha. Neways, I paired it with an open-toed heels in mustard. Yes, mustard. And no, mustard does not remind me of someone's regurgitated lunch. Mustard looks fab on shoes. Too bad my camera isnt with me so I could take any photos of the heels. Even this photo is courtesy of a dear friend.

Till next time! Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment